Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Watch Her Fly (new story teaser)

*unbetata'd so there may be changes to the final product*
Rating: M
Pairing: Edward and Bella
Status: WIP
This will start posting I hope in July. My goal is to to start posting my WIP stories on a schedule. We'll see if I can actually do it. This is a teaser from the first chapter.

“Back already?” he asked causing me to chuckle.
“Phil, it’s almost four in the afternoon,” I pointed out.
“It is?  Damn, I slept through the whole day,” he complained.
I chuckled lightly as I put the lifejackets back in their spot. 
“Well, what are you boys up to now?  Anything fun going on tonight?” Phil asked.
“Unfortunately, we have to go out one more time,” I rolled my eyes as I mentioned it.  “Jasper promised his fucking girlfriend we’d take her cousin up today.”
“Oh go easy on the boy.  He’s a man in love who needs to please his woman.  If you had a woman you’d do that same thing.”
“I won’t ever have a woman so I’ve got nothing to worry about.”
“You know I used to think the same thing.  I didn’t need anyone.  I didn’t need love or affection.  I didn’t need someone to come home to every night.  All I needed was a good fifth of jack and an easy lay.  Now look at me?  I’m more pathetic now than I was then.  I can only get laid if I pay the girl.  I’m old and a drunk and all I got is this boat.  Don’t let love pass you by when it’s staring you straight in the face,” he ordered.
“How much have you had to drink today?” I asked with a raised eyebrow and a curved up lip.
“Too much, I’m sure.  But I’m serious, Edward.  Jasper is doing it right.  He’ll be the one who ends up happy while we’ll be wishing we had what he has.  Just remember that.”
“I’ll keep that in mind,” I promised with an unenthused laugh.  “I’ll see you around, Phil.  And thanks for letting us use the lifejackets.”
I hopped back up on the dock and walked towards our boat where Alice and this cousin of hers were already getting in the boat. 
I hopped in just as Jasper was starting the boat up again. 
“There’s Edward,” Alice said pointing me out to her cousin.  I made a face behind her back towards Emmett who just smirked at me.
“Edward, I want to introduce you to my cousin, Bella,” Alice called. I turned around to suck it up and was stunned into submission when my eyes fell upon her.  I’d never been so blown away by a female before.  What the hell was wrong with me?
“Edward, this is Bella, my cousin from Ohio.  Bella, this is the idiot I was telling you about,” Alice rudely introduced.
Bella giggled bashfully and ducked her head.  “Hi. it’s nice to finally meet you,” she said in the softest, sweetest voice I’d ever heard.
“Yeah, you too,” I said in return trying not to look like a fool in front of her.

*Banner made by Christag_banner*

No comments:

Post a Comment