Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To Have And To Hold (new story teaser)

*unbeta'd so there may be some changes to the final product*
Rating: M
Pairing: Edward and Bella
Status: WIP
This will start posting I hope in July. My goal is to start posting my WIP stories on a schedule. We'll see if I can actually do it.

“You aren’t going back to your parents?” I asked.
“I can’t.  They won’t accept me.”
“You can’t know that.  They’re your parents.  I think they would be a lot more understanding than you think they would be.”
“Edward, you don’t know what they said to me when they found out where I was and what I was doing.  I’m so ashamed I can’t even talk about it,” she cried.  “How do I tell my unborn child what it is I did?”
“I can imagine you’re having a lot of regrets and fear right now, but you need someone to help you figure this out.  I can’t just leave you here on the side of the road in the middle of the night.”
“I’ll be fine,” she assured mustering up all the courage she could.  “I’ve been in worse predicaments, believe me.”
“I’m sure you have but that doesn’t mean you should.  Why don’t you come home with me tonight?” I offered.  “Tomorrow I can try to help you figure out what to do.”
“I don’t want to be a charity case,” she said with an angry tone.  “Someone will eventually pick me up and give me a ride somewhere.”
“It’s not charity, Bella.  I’m only trying to help because you’re practically family.  Right now you need to think about your unborn child and what’s best for him.  Now, if you want somewhere to stay for the night then get in the car, if not I’ll be forced to call the police and have them pick you up.”
“You wouldn’t,” she dared.
“I most definitely will.  It’s my job.”
She sighed contemplating her options. 
“It’s really not a hard choice, Bella.  I warm house with a comfortable bed or a jail cell for the night,” I added.
“Fine,” she accepted.  I opened the passenger door for her and helped her in.  All she had with her was a small backpack which looked to be rather empty as is.  She really did have nothing.
I walked back around the car and got in to head back out on the highway.  She was rather quiet during the drive and after a while I noticed she’d fallen asleep.  She probably needed the sleep after everything she’d been through the last few days.
While I drove I wondered what exactly I was doing taking her home with me.  This was something strictly prohibited in my line of work.  However, she was like a sister and I couldn’t just leave her on the side of the road.  I had to help her.  It was only for one night.  Tomorrow I’d try to convince her that the best option was to go home to her parents.  And if she still refused, come Monday I’d do what I could to find her temporary housing and assistance.  


*banner made by Christag_banner*

No comments:

Post a Comment