Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Calamity Hope (teaser)

What I donated to Fandom Fights The Tsunami
As far as I know they're still taking donations. Over 200 authors have contributed a story.
Rated: T
Pairing: Edward and Bella
Status: Oneshot

I rocked nervously back and forth as the thoughts of dying consumed my mind. 
“Edward,” I cried.  He hummed in response, barely awake from the weakness overtaking him.  “What if no one’s looking for us?  What if there isn’t anyone left?  What if the whole town died from the earthquake?”
“That’s not possible.  Someone will find us,” he assured.
“But what if they don’t?  What if by the time they do it’s too late?  I don’t want to die here,” I cried.  “What if I never get to see my mom and dad again?”
“Bella, calm down,” he ordered.  “You can’t start freaking out now.”
“I can’t be down here anymore.  I need to get out,” I screeched, beginning to move around in the darkness.  I was starting to hyperventilate, and I didn’t care if everything came crashing down on me.  I was going to dig my way out if I had to. 
“Bella, no,” Edward shouted grabbing my arms to stop me.
“I can’t stay here,” I shouted and pulled away from him.  As I began to try and push my way out a few little pieces of wood fell and there was a shift in the rubble.  Edward shouted at me to stop again, but I didn’t listen.  I screamed at the top of my lungs while he pulled me back.  In an instant, my screams were quieted by Edward’s lips against mine.  He held my face in his hands and kept his lips firmly planted against mine.  I was stunned into submission and calmed down from my outburst.
When his lips left mine, and he was sure I wasn’t going to scream anymore, his hands slid off of my cheeks and he sat back.  I stared over at him in disbelief.
“You kissed me?” I stated the obvious.
In the dim light from the flashlight I saw him shrug and stare down at the floor.  “I needed you to calm down before you killed us both.”
“You thought kissing me would calm me down?”

“It worked, didn’t it?” he pointed out.


*banner made by Christag_banner*



No comments:

Post a Comment